During the preschool years, children begin to build the brain structures that will help them be successful students. Attending high-quality preschool nurtures this brain development, and can help smooth a child’s transition into kindergarten.
For these reasons and others, children who attend preschool are more likely to become successful students later on. Salem-Keizer Public Schools coordinates three different programs, Tuition-Based Preschool (information below on this page), Title-Funded Preschool, and Head Start Preschool, that serve preschool-age children. Programs and locations vary based on school neighborhood and the child’s financial need.
Tuition-Based Preschool Calendar 2015–16, Class Schedule and Fees
The Preschool program generally follows the school district’s kindergarten school calendar, with a few exceptions.
Preschool Registration 2016–2017
Open enrollment begins on April 11, 2016. Families may register any time after April 11th during regular office hours of 8:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Copies of immunization records and birth certificates are required for enrollment.
- An information packet will need to be filled out at the time of registration.
- A fee of $75 is due at registration (check, cash or money order).
- Your child must be 3 years old on or before September 10, 2016.
Registration is at the Salem-Keizer Preschool Office, 6425 Fruitland Rd NE, Salem, OR 97317.
Child must be 3 or 4 on or before September 10, 2016, (eligible for kindergarten in 2017 and 2018) and toilet trained. All classes are blended 3 and 4 year olds.
- A limited number of partial scholarships are available for families who meet qualifying guidelines. The scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A discount of 10% for second child enrolled is also available.
The total cost of the program is divided into nine equal payments.
- Payment may be made by check, cash, or money order.
- Make payments payable to Salem-Keizer Preschools and write the student's name on the memo line.
- Payments are due by the 1st of the month, including payments sent directly from banking institutions.
- A $20 late fee will be charged for payments received after the 6th of the month, $40 will be charged thereafter.
- Continued late payment may result in withdrawal from the program and your account going to collections.
6425 Fruitland Rd NE
Salem, OR 97317
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m.-Noon and 1:00 p.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Sophia Duerst, Coordinator Preschool
Rosa Carbaugh, Administrative Secretary