During the preschool years, children begin to build the brain structures that will help them be successful students. Attending high-quality preschool nurtures this brain development, and can help smooth a child’s transition into kindergarten.
For these reasons and others, children who attend preschool are more likely to become successful students later on. Salem-Keizer Public Schools coordinates three different programs, Tuition-Based Preschool (information below on this page), Title-Funded Preschool, and Head Start Preschool, that serve preschool-age children. Programs and locations vary based on school neighborhood and the child’s financial need.
Tuition-Based Calendar, the Parent Handbook, and Class Schedule & Fees
The Preschool program generally follows the school district’s kindergarten school calendar, with a few exceptions.
Tuition-Based Preschool Registration
Families may register any time after April 11th during regular office hours of 8:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Copies of immunization records and birth certificates are required for enrollment.
- An information packet will need to be filled out at the time of registration.
- A fee of $75 is due at registration (check, cash or money order).
- Your child must be 3 years old on or before September 10, 2016.
Registration is at the Salem-Keizer Preschool Office, 6425 Fruitland Rd NE, Salem, OR 97317.
Child must be 3 or 4 on or before September 10, 2016, (eligible for kindergarten in 2017 and 2018) and toilet trained. All classes are blended 3 and 4 year olds.
- A limited number of partial scholarships are available for families who meet qualifying guidelines. The scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A discount of 10% for second child enrolled is also available.
The total cost of the program is divided into nine equal payments.
- Payment may be made by check, cash, or money order.
- Make payments payable to Salem-Keizer Preschools and write the student's name on the memo line.
- Payments are due by the 1st of the month, including payments sent directly from banking institutions.
- A $20 late fee will be charged for payments received after the 6th of the month, $40 will be charged thereafter.
- Continued late payment may result in withdrawal from the program and your account going to collections.
6425 Fruitland Rd NE
Salem, OR 97317
Starting Monday, August 8th, the Preschool office will be open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sophia Duerst, Coordinator Preschool
Rosa Carbaugh, Administrative Secretary