At most elementary schools there is morning and/or afternoon kindergarten. There currently is dual-language kindergarten at three schools, Harritt, Meyers, and Grant elementaries. Please note that boundary changes may affect these program locations. All-day (full day) kindergarten is at Candalaria and McKinley.
Enrollment for kindergarten begins in the spring during Kindergarten Round Up. Information on registration is listed below.
Kindergarten Registration 2014-15
All Salem-Keizer elementary schools will be holding all day registration called Kindergarten Roundup on March 20, 2014, from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. to allow for kindergarten-age children to register for the 2014-15 school year.
- If you missed the March 20 registration, you may register your child at your neighborhood school anytime during regular school hours after March 31.
- If you have a child that will be five years old on or before Sept. 10, 2014, then you are encouraged to get your child registered for kindergarten.
- For information about registering for kindergarten, call your assigned school. Elementary school offices are closed for summer vacation, and will reopen in the fall.
You can call the district’s office of Elementary Education at 503-399-2632 to get information. The Elementary Education office is open year-round, M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can answer all your questions about kindergarten.
Find Your Child's Neighborhood School
If you are not sure which school is in your neighborhood area, find your school based on the address where your child lives with our Online School Finder. You can also call Boundary Information line M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 503-399-3246.
Things You Need to Provide During Registration
In order to register a child for kindergarten, parents must provide:
- Your child’s birth certificate as proof of age.
- An updated record of their child’s immunizations.
- Proof of address
For more information about Kindergarten Registration call your local elementary school or the district's Elementary Education office at 503-399-2632.