About College Preparation
The College Preparation program acts as a liaison between colleges and universities and the Salem-Keizer community. Along with organizing a districtwide college and career fair each fall, Program Specialist Cathy Tilley helps schools and teachers organize college and career fairs at schools, works with schools on college and career readiness activities like college visits for students, recruits guest speakers to talk with students about college, teaches classes in college preparation to staff and parents, and organizes parent training nights.
Other projects the program helps with are Willamette University's WOU Project, The Salem-Area Chamber of Commerce's Ready to Work, Ready to Learn program, and Career Connections. Parents and students may also make appointments for individualized help with collge planning.
Salem College Planning and Exploration
Below are links to Web sites related to planning for college. These sites may be a helpful resource for preparing your plan to attend college.
- American Counsel on Education
- Aspire Oregon
- Common Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Federal Student Aid
- Going to College
- Mapping Your Future
- Oregon University System
- Students with Disabilities Link 1
- Students with Disabilities Link 2
- Students with Disabilities Link 3
Links to Information on Paying for College
Below are links to Web sites related to paying for college. These sites may be a helpful resource for learning about how to pay for college.
- African American Scholarships
- Asian American Scholarships
- College Board
- College Savings Plans
- Federal Financial Aid Link 1
- Federal Financial Aid Link 2
- Gates Millennium Scholarships
- Latino Scholarships
- Low-interest Federal Loans and Strategies
- Native American Grants and Scholarships Link
Career Information Links
Below are links to Web sites related to career exploration. These sites may be a helpful resource in learning about careers.